I shouldn't even share this recipe but until you have marinated steaks in it, you really haven't lived. My mom and I invented this recipe for steak after looking at a variety of recipes and looking at the ingredients we had available.Ingredients:
- ½ cup oil, (olive oil is nice)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey garlic sauce or bbq sauce
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion dip or soup mix
1. Combine the first seven ingredients
2. Put 3 or 4 steaks in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade into the back and toss. Place the bag on a plate in the fridge and turn every few hours. This marinade is best when marinating is begun the night before cooking.
Over the years I have learned the best cuts of steak are ribeye and tenderloin. Both these cuts are more expensive but they are totally worth it.