What can I say? I have a weakness for bananas and this dessert recipe helps me get my fix!Ingredients:
- 1 cup margarine or butter, divided into two 1/2 cup portions, melted
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1 14 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 container Cool Whip or whipped topping
- walnut peices or cherries for garnish, optional
1. Mix graham wafer crumbs and 1/2 cup of the margarine or butter together fro the crust. Press into a 9x13 pan.
2. Beat cream cheese, icing sugar, and margarine together. Spread on the crust.
3. Slice bananas and place on top of the cream cheese layer. Then cover with crushed pineapple.
4. Cover with Cool Whip or whipped topping.
5. Garnish with walnuts and/or cherries.
6. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.