- 1-½ cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted white chocolate.
3. Combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients; spread in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
6. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Transfer topping to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.
Just before serving, sprinkle topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.
I am not sure I made the topping when I made this cheesecake but it looks really good.