After finding saskatoon berries growing in my summer home, I had to find a recipe for muffins.Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup orange or apple juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup saskatoon berries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
1. Mix the dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients) in a large bowl.
2. In a second bowl combine the next 5 ingredients. This mixture will be wet.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Pour batter in large muffin cups or greased tins. Fill 2/3 full.
5. Combine the last 2 ingredients and sprinkle over the muffins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
You could substitute blue berries if you do not have access to saskatoon berries.
It seems to me that the last time I made this recipe I thought the muffins were a little dry. I might add 1/2 cup of sour cream to the batter if it looks dry.