This recipe comes from Taste of Home (December/January 1999, p25). This was the very first baked cheesecake that I ever made! The recipe along with a picture can be found online at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-CheesecakeIngredients:
- 1-¾ cups crushed chocolate chips cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-½ cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat just until blended. Pour over crust; set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Refrigerate leftovers.