Monday, March 21, 2011

#56 Butterscotch Confetti



This recipe comes from Jean Pare's Company's Coming: 150 Delicious Squares. Butterscotch and peanut butter? How can you go wrong!
Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup butter or margarine
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 small bag minature coloured marshmallows
Directions:
1. Melt butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in the butterscotch chips until melted. Cool until you can hold your hand on the bottom of the pot. Add marshmallows and stir until all are coated.
2. Pack down into a 9x9 inch pan that has been lined with wax paper.
3. Refrigerate before cutting into squares.

NOTES
I do not let my melted butter, chips, and peanut butter cool too long. Sometimes I do not let them cool at all before adding the marshmallows. I like when the marshmallows are slightly melted in. I think this makes the squares look smoother and neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment