While visiting at home a few weeks ago my mom made this pudding with raisins. I hadn't had it for years but it sure tasted fantastic.Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter, separated
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, separated
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- handful raisins, (optional)
- shredded apple, (optional)
1. Mix 1 tbsp of butter, ½ cup of brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk to make a dough. Raisins and/or a shredded apple can be added for additional flavour.
2. In a saucepan combine 1 tbsp of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 2 cups of boiling water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then transfer to a casserole or baking dish.
3. Drop the dough mixture by spoonfuls into the hot mixture.