I received this recipe from my aunt K. Campbell. I remember visiting my aunt and uncle at their trailer while our families were camping in the summer. We would play Tri-onimoes and eat this tasty treat out of an ice-cream pail.Ingredients:
Then one year before I was married I made this cake before Christmas and pressed it into greased bundt pans. When I turned the bundt pans over and the cakes slid out, they looked like Christmas wreaths. I then wrapped them up in plastic wrap and gave them as gifts to members of my husband's family. It turned out to be such a hit that the in-laws asked about the cakes when I didn't make them the next year. Ever since them, Christmas wreath popcorn cakes have been a Christmas gift tradition for my husband's family.
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup vegtable oil
- 69 large marshmallows, (1 - 2 bags)
- 4 quarts air popped popcorn
- 2 cups ju jube candies
1. Heat margarine and vegetable oil until margarine is melted. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted and blended well with margarine and vegetable oil.
2. Pour the marshmallow mixture over popcorn and combine and popcorn is covered with marshmallow mixture.
3. Stir in ju jube candies and then place into an ice cream pail for snacking.
The popcorn cake can also be formed into balls for kids!