This recipe comes from Taste of Home October/November 1998, p33. I love it because it is light and tasty. This recipe along with a picture can be found online at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Butterscotch-Pecan-DessertIngredients:
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-½ cups milk
- 2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix
1. In a bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
3. Combine milk and pudding mix until smooth; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set.
4. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours