Attention all carnivores: This spaghetti sauce is very meaty! This recipe was one of many recipes that my mom copied out for me in a cookbook to take with me when I moved away from home to attend university. It was these recipes that reminded me of home.Ingredients:
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 - 8 oz can Tomato sauce
- 1 - 6 oz can Tomato paste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram leaves
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 cups Spaghetti, cooked and hot
1. Cook hamburger and onion until hamburger is light brown. Drain off extra fat.
2. Stir in remaining ingedients.
3. Heat sauce to boiling. The reduce heat and cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve with hot cooked spaghetti.
Instead of adding oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary, and bay leaf you can add 3 tsp of Italian seasoning.
This spaghetti sauce freezes nicely.