Monday, January 31, 2011

#20 Suey Choy Salad

Ok according to the poll so far it looks like there is a need for some salad recipes...some roughage to balance off the meats and the sweets!

I found this salad recipe in my hometown centennial cookbook and it was submitted by K. Block. I like to make this one when I am going to a potluck or feeding a crowd but in my notes I talk about scaling it back as well so it can also be enjoyed by fewer people for more days!

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup Almonds, sliced
  • 6 tbsp Margarine
  • 2 pkg Ichiban noodles (beef)
  • 1 cup Oil
  • 1/2 cup White sugar
  • 1/2 cup Vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Soy sauce
  • 1 head Suey Choy, shredded
  • 3 Green onions, chopped
Directions:
1. Open up Ichiban noodle packages and take out beef seasoning.
2. Fry almonds and noodles in margarine until slightly brown. When finished cool.
3. Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and beef flavour packages from the Ichiban noodles. Refrigerate fro 3 to 4 hours.
4. When ready to serve, combine suey choy and green onions. Then toss with sauce and almond / noodle mixture.

NOTES
This makes a large salad. Unfortunately once combined this salad does not keep well. I liked to just mix what I need. It is easy to always mix more and if the almond mixture, suey choy mixture, and dressing are all kept separate...you can enjoy this salad for several days by just mixing what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment