- 1-½ cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1-¼ cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender; add the garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
2. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, chili powder and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
See http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Hearty-Bean-Stew on the Taste of Home website.
I didn't have celery so I added peas instead! Feel free to add or substitute ingredients.