Another T. Pechey recipe. I am a banana fan so I was very interested to see what this would taste like. The non-banana fans were skeptical. However in the end we were all very pleased with this salsa and I hope to make it again soon.Ingredients:
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp gingerroot, minced and peeled
- ¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 twists of peppermill fresh ground pepper
1. Remove and discard the membranes and seeds of the red bell pepper. Finely mince the bell pepper and place in a medium bowl.
2. Finely mince the shallot and add to the bowl.
3. Other than the banana - add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
4. Just before serving - peel the banana and cut into about a 1/4 inch size dice. Add to the bowl and stir well to combine.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.