This recipe was made in T. Pechey's cooking class. Four different groups made it and each end result looked and tasted totally different depending on the amount of chipotle and whether parsley or cilantro or both were used. My group used 1/2 chipotle and no cilantro....just parsley. We ate it with the balsamic vinaigrette Triscuits. Mmmm.....good.Ingredients:
And just so you know T. Pechey informed us that the word avocado comes from the Nahuatl word ahuacatl which means testicle...makes total sense...
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 chipotle chili, from a can
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, packed
1. Place all ingredients in a blender. Depending on your heat threshold, you may want to start with 1/2 chipotle and blend with everything else. Then taste and decide if you would like to add the other half.
2. Use this as a dipping sauce for shrimp, veggies, or on crackers or slice baguettes.