This recipe comes from my friend C. MacBride. It is a good alternative to making scalloped potatoes when making ham. It is also a nice casserole for a brunch. Heck...it is really good for any occasion!Ingredients:
- 1 bag frozen hashbrowns
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 500ml container sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
1. Break potatoes apart and place in a large bowl.
2. Melt the margarine or butter and add 1/2 of it to the potatoes.
3. In a separate bowl mix sour cream, onions, cheese, and soup and then add to the potato mixture. Mix well and then pat into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
4. Mix remaining margarine or butter and cornflakes together. Sprinkle on the top of the potatoes.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Instead of cornflakes, used crushed potato chips.