This recipe comes from Kraft Canada. It can be viewed along with a picture at http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/rhubarb-dump-cake-122032.aspx. I hope to try this soon with some of my grandma's frozen rhubarb.Ingredients:
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh rhubarb, chopped (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (85 g) Jell-O Strawberry Jelly Powder
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place rhubarb in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with sugar and dry jelly powder.
3. Stir cake mix, water and butter with fork just until cake mix is moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour over rhubarb; spread to completely cover rhubarb.
4. Bake 45 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm topped with Cool Whip.
Cake is also excellent served cold. Cake can be baked ahead of time. Cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to serve.