This is a dessert that a colleague of mine brought to a staff potluck one year. It was so good I just had to ask for the recipe. This would be a good alternative to pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.Ingredients:
- 1 yellow or white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups cooked pumpkin
- 2 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup reserved cake mix
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. CRUST: Mix together all the crust ingredients. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press the rest into a greased 9x13 pan.
2. FILLING: Combine all the filling ingredients. Pour onto the crust.
3. TOPPING: Combine the topping ingredients and drop by teaspoons over the filling.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Bake until a knife instered into the center comes out clean.
5. Enjoy and serve with whipped cream.