I haven't tried this recipe yet. To date my signature scalloped potato recipe is Silk Purse Potatoes from Taste of Home. However I do think that this recipe has promise. According to my husband, all recipes with bacon are winners. This recipe along with a picture can be found on the Kraft Canada website at http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/bacon-maple-scalloped-potatoes-123145.aspxIngredients:
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 fl oz/284 mL) 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 lb. (900 g) Yukon gold potatoes (about 6), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup Kraft Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook onions in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove onions from skillet.
3. Add cream cheese, broth and milk to skillet; cook and stir on medium-low heat 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and syrup.
4. Place half the potatoes in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with layers of onions and shredded cheese. Top with remaining potatoes and cream cheese sauce; cover.
5. Bake 1 hour 5 min. or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, uncovering after 50 min.