This recipe is from Taste of Home (February/March 2005, p49). It can be found online at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Coconut-Cream-Dessert-2.Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1-½ teaspoons coconut extract
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
1. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the crust.
3. In another large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1-1/2 cups coconut. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
4. Top with remaining whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top.
5. Refrigerate overnight.
I noticed you can not buy coconut cream instance pudding in the stories where I live. But my aunt and grandma suggested purchasing vanilla instant pudding and adding coconut flavouring or prepare it with coconut milk.