You got to love bean salad! This recipe comes form the T. Pechey cooking school. This is a great recipe to double or triple and take to a potluck. It will also keep well for a few days in the fridge.Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp white basalmic vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 grinds of a peppermill pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup white kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup garbonzo beans (chic peas), drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup kernel corn, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ medium red onion
- 1 large tomato
- ½ lime, juiced
1. In a medium bowl combine vinegar with parsley and oregano. Add the salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while stirring with a wooden or plastic spoon. Add all the beans and corn and toss well.
2. Finely mince the onion and add to the bowl. Chop the tomato into small pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Finally add the lime juice and stir well before serving.
The original recipe from T. Pechey called for the addition of one ripe chopped avocado. The avocado is tasty but then this salad will not last in the fridge for a few days as the avocado becomes mushy.